Can Social Networking Sites Really Ruin Relationships
My initial thought of why people wouldn’t want their significant other to have a social networking page is because obviously they have something to hide, right?! While this could be a major reason why , after further investigation, I found there were many other reasons to this. Privacy! Insecurities! Controlling! And the list goes on.
I do not believe that Social Networking sites, can solely ruin a relationship, but if either party is being dishonest then of course , the truth will come to light, and that light will shine even brighter once you have hundreds of “friends” at your fingertips.
As in day to day life , we must be aware of the way we portray ourselves and come across on the internet.
Some couples like to make their relationship status know on the web, while others are more private. To each its own. But, if no one knows you are taken, then they will assume you are available, and that leaves a door open for you to get inappropriate messages and comments. If you are open about your relationship , know that you can not control what others say. If someone makes a pass at your boo, do not get mad, take it as a compliment, they want what you have. Depending on how your man/woman responds or doesn’t , will give you the info you need on if they are trustworthy or not.
You and your partner should have a common respect for one another on social networking sites. Like the old saying, “treat people the way you want to be treated” ,if you don’t want your woman calling another man sexy on twitter, then you shouldn’t either , and vice versa.
We often don’t carefully think before we tweet or update status’, this may lead to something that was intended to be completely harmless, to actually comes across as flirtatious, vulgar or inappropriate to others reading .
The amount of time you actually spend on these sites can also play a major part in the downgrade of your relationship. Spend more time actually enjoying your partner, instead of updating your status.
We must also be aware of the company we keep on these social networking sites, everyone who is following us, does not have out best interest in hand, there are many lurking who don’t want your relationship to succeed, don’t give them what they want. Something’s are not for the internet!
I wish you all happy dating and updating!
4 comments on “Can Social Networking Sites Really Ruin Relationships”
- KORDELL STEWART WILL BE HANDING OVER SOME COINS TO PORSHA…FOR NOW…
- OH NO! JAMES GANDOLFINI (BEST KNOWN AS TONY SOPRANO) HAS DIED AT THE AGE OF 51!
- BEHIND THE SCENES FOOTAGE OF BUSTA RYHMES & NICKI MINAJ FOR “TWERK IT”
- GUESS WHO WAS SPOTTED IN NYC TODAY!?! BEY AND BLUE!
- BE APART OF DC’S BIGGEST MICHAEL JACKSON “BEAT IT” FLASH MOB!
- a mess
- Celebs and Their Family
- Family, Relationships, Sex
- Hair, Beauty & Health
- Reality TV
- Rumor Mill
- Supergorge Gallery
- SuperGorge Interviews
- SuperGorge Of The Week
- Unsigned Sundays
- Welcome To The Party Life
- Emily on SUPERGORGE EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: ASHLEY CHATS WITH KELLY ROWLAND
- Beautiful Tia on SUPERGORGE EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: ASHLEY CHATS WITH KELLY ROWLAND
- LOreal on NEW VIDEO: “#BEAUTIFUL” -MARIAH CAREY F/ MIGUEL
- LOreal on NEW VIDEO: “WHO DO WE THINK WE ARE”-JOHN LEGEND FT. RICK ROSS
- LOreal on VIDEO: CIARA STOPS BY WENDY WILLIAMS, CHATS ABOUT FUTURE & HER BEEF WITH RIH-RIH!
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010